Friday, February 23, 2007

Its that time again...

Once again, I get to escape the lil town that is Hobbs, NM and run away to the bright lights and big city that is Las Vegas. Yup, another vacation in my favorite city. I cannot express how happy Vegas makes me. Its a place with no expectations, no worries, or any other reason to be there other than to not be who you are at home. It can be a tad overwhelming, as you want to go and do EVERYTHING. NOW. LOOOK!!THE FOUNTAINS!!! LOOOOOKKKK BUFFETS!!! LLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKK AT THE PEOPLE!!!! LLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKK AT THAT GIGANTIC SIGN FOR CELINE!!!!!!!! LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKK THE FREAKEN EIFFAL TOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My first solo trip thats what happened to me, and I came home exhausted. Since then I've learned to pace myself, to do a lil and to soak it all in. This time I'm going to see Penn and Teller, and the Cirque show Ka
. The reason I am going to see this show is that it was featured in the first episode of CSI this season, and I was blown away. I never would have thought that I would want to see a Cirque show as I always thought they were just to Gay and French. Two things changed my mind. First was Love, the Beatles inspired Cirque I saw last time I was here. It was sooo good that I thought "Well..maybe they all don't sux...". Second was the fact that they have a stage in this show that goes VERTICAL. Then, they have a massive sword battle on it, with all the combatants hanging by wires. There's even a massive sea battle. Dude. How could I not want to see this?
Welp, I am off Sunday, and I spent extra monies to make sure I got a seat on the first flight from Lubbock to make it in time to go to brunch. Yup, you know it...Food Pics.

No comments: